Saturday, August 29, 2009

[Macki-gnawed.]

I am currently "enduring" the single greatest gig ever conjured up: puppy-sitting Mackinaw (Mack, for short).
He and I started out testing the waters a bit-- and I've got the teethmarks to prove it-- but bonded over a walk around town and have spent these early hours of our afternoon dozing... what a brilliant thing to get paid for. He's still at it, belly-up next to the recliner, but I needed a distraction.

I've found solace in a bookshelf lined with Baby-Sitter's Club books.
(Right above the collection of Hanson, Backstreet Boys, and Mariah Carey CD's.)
I'm curled up with #99 at this very moment.

Turns out these books are much more informative than I remember. Maybe I'm just not to the juicy parts yet, but thus far, the 28 pages I've read have been merely adequate. I don't want to know the in's and out's of creating a
club or a Kid-Kit. I hate babysitting. (Ironic.) Nonetheless, I want middle school drama, middle-class adventure... I want to drown in the pathetic flailings of tweens' so-called relationships, damn it!

Maybe I should just skip a few chapters...?!

Better yet, I think I'll head back to the bookshelf and try to find a copy of The Boxcar Children. They were always so badass...

No comments:

Post a Comment