Sunday, December 27, 2009

[I don’t journal enough when I’m happy.]

--Back Post: December 16--


Today is a good day.


It’s good because the sun is shining.

It’s good because I had a terrible class this morning with my future second-graders, yet don’t feel like a failure NOR do I regret signing on for this adventure.

It’s good because my apartment is all packed up, waiting to find a home on Duluth.

It’s good because it’s incredibly obvious that my parents are wonderful beings.

It’s good because the holidays are coming up, and even though I cannot afford presents for anyone, I don’t feel bah-humbugged or ashamed at all.

It’s good because I am alive, feeling positive.

It’s good because my week is chock full, yet promising, relaxing, even celebratory.

It’s good beacause I feel as though I’m in the midst of a re-coming-of-age, and right now I feel blessed because that’s true, rather than burdened.


Today is a nice change from my patterning lately.

I have been down, dreary, and downright annoying with my complaints and misgivings.

Is it the sun?

Is it the fact that I have something to look forward to?

Is it the sense of closure in my life?

New beginnings?


I haven’t a clue.

But I’m happy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment