Tuesday, September 22, 2009

[Nostalgia gone awry.]

My dinner tonight was a throwback to the good old days:
Mac 'n' Cheese + Hot Dog.

I loved each and every bite, despite its eventual path to gut-rot and misery.

I went to go pack it up for school tomorrow. Scraped it into my Glade plasticware, stashed it in the fridge, and proceeded to feel ecstatic since that being done means I have approximately 8.6 minutes more to sleep in tomorrow morning.

That excitement grew exponentially when I spotted a lucky penny on the floor moments later. As I bent down, spurting out my "findapennypickitupandalldaylongyou'llhavegoodluck" tradition as quickly as possible, my fingertips embraced the coin gingerly-- my precious cargo of promise and potential.

Too bad it was just a piece of hot dog, dropped from my rendezvous with nostalgia moments before.

No comments:

Post a Comment