Monday, May 17, 2010

[Relearning to live.]

My life in Sioux Falls is now a tightly wrapped past present…err…gift. (I say that because I hope repeating it will make it true.) The relationships birthed there continue on…and so do I. I am now focused on my life in Minnesota. How to make it great?

So far, it hasn’t been me creating the opportunities and forcing the enlightenment. I’ve actually had a terrific time readjusting to life in this glorious state and taking in the fresh perspective on every aspect of this town and its neighbors. I have had a few wonderful guides.

I have to admit that my favorite new friend- who just so happens to be moving all the way out to Spokane in just over a week- has had an incredible impact on life as I know it ‘round these parts… and well beyond. I have learned more about just going, doing, and fully embracing life’s moments, surroundings, and overlooked brilliance in the three times we’ve hung out than I have over these last few years. And all of those feats were things I focused on and strove for everyday in a purposeful way before. But I suppose that’s where the two of us differ—I’m a ponderer, he's a leaper. I love the challenge that has sprouted in our interactions. My typical, thoughtful analysis of life doesn’t reign on high. I don’t have time to weigh the options and talk myself out of or into things. It’s just go-go-go and that’s exactly how I want to live. I think what I’m learning now is how to put all my thoughts and recently constructed goals on how to fully live into action. Not merely daydreaming.

It’s empowering! Exhausting. A gem of an experience for me.

I’ve squeezed so much out of life and put so much into it. After going through a long period of time where I became a bit lethargic and shrouded in routine and familiarity, I now feel energy welling up and pouring out, despite endless movement and sunrise bedtimes.

I need this. I love the creativity and motivation. I will continue beyond our time in the same state. I do think it will be tough… I mean, so much promise arrives out of nowhere and just as suddenly becomes a fleeting memory? It’s disappointing, but it’s not lost. Every moment of bold engagement in life is a tribute to these moments, so revisiting will be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment