Sunday, April 11, 2010

[The Linear Verbage Project. Take One.]

Here's a peek at a little something I've been fawning over these past few months.


LINEAR VERBAGE

The project: I don’t listen enough to the lyrics.

It’s time to take note of those clever one-liners and tasty bridge mixes.

“I’ve given up on truth ‘cause I’m running out of youth.”

The Fine Arts Showcase: London, My Town

“Every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time.”

Death Cab for Cutie: What Sarah Said

“It’s not hard to grow when you know that you just don’t know.”

Damien Rice: Cannonball

“’Cause waking up without you is like drinking from an empty cup…”

Damien Rice: The Animals Were Gone

“Who the hell can see forever?”

Iron & Wine: The Trapeze Swinger

“Oh my god, it’s all around.”

The Low Anthem: Charlie Darwin

“He departed not a beggar but a lord.”

The Lower 48: Miles to Minnesota

“You went into the kitchen cupboard, got yourself another hour, and you gave half of it to me.”

Regina Spektor: The Calculation

“I went walking through the city… like a drunk, but not.”
“It’s been a long time since before I been touched, now I’m getting touched all the time.”

Regina Spektor: Dance Anthem of the 80’s

“Every word you say I think I should write down. Don’t want to forget come daylight.”

Joshua Radin & Schuler Fisk: Paperweight

“I got a lot of lovin’. Got a lot of lovin’. Got a lot of love in my heart.”

Lissie: Little Lovin’

“If you’re feeling what I’m feeling, c’mon. All you soul-searching people, c’mon!”

Delta Spirit: People, C’Mon

“If love is just a game, then how come it’s no fun? If love is just a game, how come I’ve never won? I guess maybe it’s possible I might be playing it wrong and that’s why every time I roll the dice I always come undone…”

Noah and the Whale: 2 Atoms in a Molecule

“…And the children will play.”

Matisyahu: One Day

“You’ll never know dear how much I love you…”

Sarah Siskind: Lovin’s for Fools

“When there’s nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.”

“It’s nothing but time and a face that you lose. I chose to feel it but you couldn’t choose.”

“I’m not sorry I met you. I’m not sorry it’s over. I’m not sorry there’s nothing to say.”

Stars: Your Ex-Lover Is Dead

“But I know the thirty reasons you have to break away and set out on your own.”

Octoberman: Thirty Reasons

“We could steal time. Just for one day.”

Moulin Rouge!: Elephant Love Medley

“Don’t fix my smile.”

Freelance Whales: Generator 2nd Floor

“It’s too late to change your mind. You let laws be your guide.”

Broken Bells: The High Road

“The bad feels so bad, makes the good so good.”

The Local Natives: World News

“You must stick up for yourself, son. Never mind what anybody else done.”

“…If anyone should cheat you, take advantage of, or beat you, raise your head and wear your wounds with pride.”

Yeasayer: Ambling Alp

“It’s hard not to let it go from a mess to the masses.”

Phoenix: Listomania

“I’d like to think I’m a mess you’d wear with pride.”

Band of Horses: I Go to the Barn Because I Like The

“I want you endlessly!”

Fyfe Dangerfield: When You Walk in the Room

“I remember Monday, making your eyes gray.”

Yeasayer: I Remember

“I want to thank you for being a part of my forget-me-nots and marigolds.”

Motion City Soundtrack: LG Fuad

“It’s okay if you just want to be sitting on the outskirts with me.”

Packway Handle Band: Outskirts

“You’re the harmony to my heartbeat, baby.”

Sally Seltman: Harmony to My Heartbeat

“Thought some day I’d place it on your finger…”

Lissie: Wedding Bells (Hank Williams cover)

“So thank you, friends, for the time we shared. Your love stays with me like sunlight in air. Though I truly wish I could keep hanging around here, my joy is covering me.
Soon I will disappear.”

Dave Rawlings Machine: Method Acting/Cortez the Killer (cover combo)

“What you want, you are. You always were.”

Stars: Fixed

“You can buy it and you can sell it. But nobody’s figured how to make it work.”

“I’m still waiting on a sucker punch…!”

Jason Collett: Love is a Dirty Word

“Forgive me, first love…but I’m tired. I need to get away to feel again.”

Adele: First Love

“Love is still your stranger.”

Dawes: Love is All I Am

“I’ve always been known to cross lines.”

“Jesus don’t love me. No one ever carried my load. I’m too young to feel this old.”

Kings of Leon: Cold Desert

No comments:

Post a Comment